Sunday, June 14, 2009

Too Much of a Good Thing?


So here's the question: If you are living in Florence, Italy, for most of the summer but are NEVER THERE for the weekend, have you had an authentic Firenze experience?

Like many of my students, I am planning to travel as much as my $$ allow during Miami University's summer session.
Or should I say "we" are traveling as much as "our" $$ allow?
"We" is me, my 16-year-old Beck and my 14-year-old Blair, who'll be with me all summer, and for a week or two, mio marito, too.

But, um, last time I looked we have reservations away for EVERY weekend.
Well, I'm still working on a Swiss Alps thing, but otherwise we'll skip town as soon as Friday rolls around - Rome, Riviera, Germany and, of course, countryside Tuscany.

Firenze is usually a DESTINATION for Americans, and here I am planning to LEAVE it as soon as I can...

OK, maybe this is just a flash of sensibility. Fear of exhaustion. Feeling guilty of greed.

Or maybe I'm just Americano. Wanting it all. Now.

No comments:

Post a Comment